What To Post is a new series that offers cheat sheets for social media content. Download it, pin it, or bookmark it. Just keep it handy for reference!
For those who are new here, the #WhatToPost series is a way to help content creators (and anyone else) looking for social media post ideas. We release a content calendar each month listing the special days and how you can use them to create content. So, without further ado, let’s get to the August 2022 content calendar.
August 2022 social media content calendar for creators
Before we dive into the special days in August 2022 (of which there are plenty), here are some ways you can use the content calendar.
- Pick well-known days like Raksha Bandhan and Independence Day and create content around them. Every other day of the month, you carry on with your usual content.
- Or you can pick a theme for the month and then use it to create content for the next 30 days. For instance, you choose World Photography Day, which falls on August 19th. You can then share tidbits and tricks throughout the month like do’s and dont’s of phone photography.
- Another idea is to post content for individual special days in August. For example, if you’re a food influencer or creator, pick Beer Day on August 5th. If you’re an avid reader or book reviewer, share a post on Book Lover’s Day on the 9th.
Now that you know how to use the social media content calendar for August 2022, let it become the wind beneath your wings and keep your socials flying.
How to use our August content calendar for your social media?
As ever, your creativity should be your guide. Let the content calendar be your muse to create what fits your niche and brand personality. But do keep these #thngs in mind:
- We’re a mighty team, but still a small and human one. Dumb #thngs happen. So, always double-check the days and dates.
- Stick to special days that your community can relate to and are linked to your content niche. If you’ve never posted about sports, don’t share content on National Sports Day.
- This is by no means an exhaustive list of special days in June. Feel free to do your own research and add to it.
- If there are regional days in August that our content calendar doesn’t mention, don’t be hesitant about posting. People love to see a local touch in their favourite creator’s content.
Wrapping up August 2022 content calendar ideas
August is chock-full of days, so we’re pretty sure you’ll never be out of content ideas. But, if, just in case, the well of creativity dries up, use this trick as the ace in your sleeve.
Pick a day. Pick an old photo that matches it. Overlay a quote on it and post it!